Fresh fruits and vegetables are an integral part of everyone’s daily diet. From a six months old toddler to a person of advanced age, everyone has to include them in their diet. And there are hundreds of varieties of fruits and vegetables grown in different regions of India, each packed with a unique nutrient profile that helps us stay fit and healthy.
Health Benefits Of Fresh Fruits And Vegetables
No matter what region of India you travel to, the regional dishes always highlight their local fruits and vegetables. Because they contain various minerals, vitamins, amino acids, natural sugars, phytonutrients, and antioxidants that our body needs.
Here are some key health benefits of eating more fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.
- Fruits and vegetables help manage a healthy weight as they are low in calories.
- They reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- They provide various nutrients to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of various fruits and vegetables help reduce chronic inflammation in the body.
- They strengthen our immune system that fights infectious diseases.
- They are loaded with antioxidants that help fight free radical damage.
- They will nourish your skin and hair making them strong and healthy.
- They are a good source of healthy dietary fiber that regulates bowel movements.
Why Should Fruits And Vegetables Be Fresh And Seasonal?
You may be tempted to buy online vegetables and fruits that are imported and trending. But it is always advised to eat fresh produce that grows locally and is in season. For eg.
- Mangoes are rich in antioxidants and best eaten in the summer months.
- Watermelons too are best eaten in summers as they are very hydrating.
- Amlas are rich in Vitamin C which helps fight infections during winter.
- Raw Mangoes can help prevent sunstroke so are best eaten during summer.
- Oranges too have plenty of vitamin C and are best eaten in winters.
Why? Because fruits and vegetables start losing their nutritive properties as soon as they are picked from the tree or plant. So produce that is picked several months before it reaches us does not have the same amount of nutrients as it once did.
Local and seasonal fruits and vegetables that come straight from farms are always fresh. The local farmers also allow the product to reach the ripening stage before picking them. And thus they are more nutritious and better for your health compared to produce that travelled several weeks and sometimes even months to reach a vegetable shop near you.
Seasonal produce will also taste better and have plenty of nutrients to nourish your body. So to ensure you get optimum health benefits from the fruits and vegetables you eat, pick only local and seasonal produce grown on farms near you.
Where To Get Fresh Vegetables And Fruits Near You?
You can buy online organic fruits and vegetables that are fresh local and in season at The Eco Store. Sourced from the best farms nearby, we also deliver these organic fruits and vegetables to your doorsteps in select areas of Bangalore five times a week.
So go ahead and buy online fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, and fresh leafy vegetables grown organically without harmful pesticides from The Eco Store.