Few nutritional benefits of eating millets
Many people consider millet as the bird feed, but it is highly nutritious for humans as well. It is gluten free diet with a sweet nutty flavour. It has good source of nutrients such as magnesium, copper, phosphorous and manganese and highly rich in proteins, vitamins and fibre. In recent days, people are aware of millets and its benefits to include in their diet to be healthy. Few nutritional benefits are listed below:
- Millets contains more magnesium, which helps in increasing insulin productivity of our body. Thus, it helps to prevent diabetes in future. It is also good for migraines and heart attacks.
- As mentioned earlier, it is a good source of protein and fibre. It is also a good source of energy with high starch content.
- Pearl millet is one type of millet that contains high amino acids which can get digested easily than wheat.
- Add millets to your diet to reduce unwanted weight, as they contain high amount of fibre and protein which makes you feel full after having it and does not make you feel hungry for longer period of time.
- Millets contains iron which is required to fight anaemia. It is also rich in vitamin C that helps the body to absorb the iron into the blood. Hence, it is good to include millet in your diet rather than taking iron supplements.
- If you are suffering from celiac disease or gluten intolerance then it is better to have millet in your diet rathar than wheat. It is the best alternative for gluten free to add in baking recipes such as biscuits, cakes, burgers and breads.
- One of the amazing benefits of millet is to reduce cholesterol levels in blood. It also helps in controlling fat levels in the body which gets deposited in the liver.
- It contains amino acids which helps in reducing the plaque production to prevent heart strokes and other diseases.
- Not only health, usage of Millets has beauty benefits. Yes, it has the amazing benefit to prevent skin from getting premature ageing. Lysine and methionine are the two aminoacids present in millets.These aminoacids are the great source to develop collagen which stops the skin from getting wrinkles, sagging and also maintains firm and healthy skin.
- Adding millet in your diet can also help in proper digestion. If you are having any digestive problem or suffering from constipation, then it is the right food as it contains both soluble and insoluble fibre.